A think tank for working people: Class Yorkshire Launch – Thu 13 June 2013, 6:30pm The Unite offices, 55 Call Lane, Leeds LS1 7BW
With the Coalition Government and their programme of austerity and tax cuts for millionnaires, it is time that someone ensured that the political agenda was on the side of working people and that policy development branched outside of the Westminster bubble.
That’s why Class, a new, high-profile think-tank co-founded by the GMB, Unite the Union and the Institute of Employment Rights, and backed by a growing number of trade unions, is holding its first regional launch on 13th June 2013.
Class aims to promote policies to influence decision-makers on a wide-range of areas, such as inequality, welfare, housing, the NHS and employment, as well as pushing an economic agenda to counter the Coalition Government’s programme of welfare cuts and its injustices.
Come along to our regional launch to find out more about what we do and join in the discussion.
- Professor Danny Dorling – University of Sheffield
- Veronica King – Class and Unite activist
- Karen Reay – North East and Yorkshire and Humberside Regional Secretary of Unite the Union
- Tim Roache – Yorkshire and North Derbyshire Regional Secretary of the GMB, elected Chair of Yorkshire and the Humber Regional TUC and elected President of Class
- Jon Trickett MP – Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office
You can register for this event here