Did you know
– that the High Cost Lending market in Leeds alone is worth an estimated £90 million?
– that if people used more affordable credit, that would release £60 million for Leeds households to spend on essentials – and to boost the local economy?
– that interest rates on High Cost Loans can be over 4000% APR?
– that 50% of the revenue of high cost lenders come from roll-over loans?
– that 42% of young people seeking help with debt problems have taken out payday loans?
Do you care?
Leeds City Council, under Keith Wakefield’s leadership, cares – and has been leading the way in its stand against High Cost Lenders.
That’s why they’ve teamed up with Leeds Rhinos, LUFC, Yorkshire County Cricket Club, Citizens’ Advice Bureau and Leeds Credit Union to
TAKE A STAND AGAINST HIGH COST LENDERS.
You can TAKE A STAND yourself.
View original post 91 more words